Antisocial - Heidi Cullinan
"“I’ve watched you dance to your dad’s fucking tune, and it’s fucked as hell. There’s no reason to do it. None. So if you go take that goddamned test, you better do it because you want it. Otherwise I have no idea why you’re torturing yourself like this, and you don’t seem to know either. If you can tell me, if you can explain to me why it’s so important to make yourself sick over this, I’ll support you every step of the way. I will choose a grad school based on wherever you want to go, because I’m in love with you, you messed-up asshole, and I don’t want to lose you. But this? This is bullshit.”
Skylar wanted to yell at him, and he’d been puffed up to the sky on how dare you’s until… “You…love me.” He’d never said it so directly before.
Neither had Skylar.
Xander held Skylar’s face in his hands. “I love you. I’m in love with you. I want you. I need you. I’m prepared to reorganize everything about my life for you.” His thumb pressed into the corner of Skylar’s jaw. “But not if all you’re going to do is throw it away for people who don’t even know who you are.”
Skylar could barely breathe. “I don’t know who I am.""